ICF qualified Career Coach
Hi, I’m Ann
I help people who feel unfulfilled and disrespected at work to take action and escape the cycles of workplace stress and get the career and life they want.
Working with me doesn’t mean finding a way to quit, it’s more about finding fulfillment whatever you chose to do. Maybe you’ll quit, maybe you won’t. Maybe you’ll move to another role or even change careers. I’m here to support you to take the action you need to feel happier, less stressed and get the career you want.
I discovered the value of career coaching when I felt stuck. I’ve been there. I got stuck in cycles of stress. I put up with it and accepted stress as ‘part of the job’. When I first worked with a career coach I realised that I always had a choice. when I started taking action, I needed that support. Who knows, maybe I’d still be in that job, dreading every Monday so much that half my Sunday was ruined!
I’m on a mission to help as many people as possible to escape workplace stress. I’ve seen first hand the toll it can take on confidence, relationships and even physical health. If you feel stuck in a job that makes you feel like crap, I’ here to help you because you deserve the career and life that you love!
How I can help
Take control and beat the stress cycles at work
I'll help you to escape the stress cycle that you're in.
We'll look at what's going on at work right now and create a plan specifically for your situation so that you can start to make changes little by little and feel better at work and beyond. When you take control of damaging stress the positive effects can even start showing up in other areas of your life.
Are you ready to escape the stress cycles and feel fulfilled and respected at work?
Make big changes: change of job or career
Changes in your job situation are some of the most stressful events in life! Leaving your job or changing career entirely may be the way to escape the stressful situation you're in right now... BUT that transition itself can be tough.
If you decide to leave your job or change career entirely, I'm here to support you every step of the way with strategic guidance. Everything from the CVs and interviews stage to settling into your new role.
I want to help you to get the career and life you want.
The first step towards getting unstuck: Free consultation
I believe that stress at work is one of the most damaging parts of modern life. Stress is a sneaky emotion that doesn't stay at work. It comes home with us, causes arguements and even physical pain!
I'm on a mission to help as many people as I can to escape the stress and feel better at work so that every part of their lives improves.
If you're ready to get unstuck I'm ready to help. Just a few clicks and you've already started!
Five simple habits to manage workplace stress
10 days of support to help you escape the cycles of stress at work
Reclaim a calm moment in your day
We are living in a fast paced world where it is a badge of honour to say your are “Super Busy”. Burnout and overwhelm are part of our daily vocabulary (they shouldn’t be!!!) When you’re regularly feeling overwhelmed by a heavy workload, or having to deal with difficult relationships within your team every single day … stress will build and build until you reach the edge of burnout. You need to find a way to be calm, confident and productive at work. Your job should never come before your wellbeing. Here’s a quick exercise that you can fit in even if your day is jam-packed!
Don't accept stress as “normal
Do a body scan at your desk when you feel overwhelmed. Take 60 seconds a day to do your body scan, check in with yourself without distraction so that you perform better, even when the pressure is on.
The 60-second Body Scan
Have you ever sat at your desk and see that you have 5 meetings booked in and 100+ unread emails along with actions from the meetings the previous day and end up paralysed with stress wondering how you will cope without having to work 24/7?
In that moment a Body Scan is the best gift you can give yourself to ease the feeling of overwhelm and get yourself feeling more at ease to tackle what you have on your plate and the best thing is that it only takes 60 seconds and this is how you can achieve it.
How to do the 60-second body scan
You can do your body scan as you read along with the instructions below:
- Sitting at your desk ensure that both of your feet are planted onto the ground with your hands in your lap.
- Close your eyes if that is comfortable but if not just focus on a point near you and keep your gaze planted.
- Start by taking a deep breath, hold for 4 seconds and then exhale, notice your feet and how they feel.
- Take another breath, hold for 4 seconds and then exhale, move your attention to your knees and how they feel
- Take another breath, hold it again and exhale moving your attention to your hips and how they feel
- Take another breath, hold it again and exhale moving your attention to your stomach and how it feels
- Take another breath, hold it again and exhale moving your attention to your back and how it feels
- Take another breath, hold it again and exhale moving your attention to your shoulders and how they feel
- Take another breath, hold it again and exhale moving your attention to your neck and how it feels
- Take your last deep breath, hold for 4 seconds and moving your attention to your head and how it feels, if you have the time stay focused on your head for two rounds of breaths
All the time during this exercise you are scanning your body to check in on how each part of you is feeling. If you are feeling stressed you may notice
Did you notice…
- that your stomach feels a little sick or
- that your shoulders are up around your ears and you had not noticed
- that your head is feeling a bit tight which could be that your blood pressure is raised while you are feeling under pressure
If you felt one or all of these it’s possible that stress is affecting your ability to focus. When your productivity is being affected by stress consider:
- Do you need to attend all of the meetings you have sceduled?
- Can you talk to your manager about your workload
- How you can delgate your tasks.
This very simple and quick exercise is the best form of self-care you can perform at work and afterward, you will feel better equipped to handle your day.